Butterfly Valve Working Principle And Characteristics
Butterfly valves are basic in design, have a modest volume and weight, and only have a few parts. Furthermore, with only a 90-degree rotation, the valve can open and close fast, and the operation is simple. At the same time, the motorised valve provides excellent fluid control. When the butterfly valve in australia is fully open, the butterfly plate thickness acts as a single resistance when the medium flows through the valve body, resulting in a pressure drop.
There are two types of seals on butterfly valves: elastic seals and metal seals. The sealing ring on an elastic sealing valve can be inlaid on the valve body or affixed to the butterfly plate’s periphery. Because it is so small, it has greater flow control properties.
If a butterfly valve is needed for flow control, the most important thing is to choose the right size and kind of valve. The structure and principle of a butterfly valve are particularly well suited to the production of large-diameter valves. Butterfly valves are widely employed in various sectors, including petroleum, gas, chemical, water treatment, and other general industries, as well as in the cooling water system of thermal power plants.
Working Principle Explained
Butterfly valves are quick-opening valves with a metal circular disc and pivot axes at right angles to each other. It controls the direction of the pipe’s flow. It works with a mechanism that seals against seats in the valve body when rotated on a shaft. Butterfly valves are commonly used to control flow as throttling valves. There are no pockets in the high-performance butterfly valves where fluids could become trapped while the valve is closed.
When a lined butterfly valve is fully open, the thickness of the butterfly plate provides the only barrier to the medium flowing through the valve body, resulting in a very minimal pressure drop and better flow control characteristics.
This valve has a small structural length and overall height, a rapid opening and closing speed, and good fluid control properties. The butterfly valve’s construction principle is ideal for constructing large diameter valves. When a butterfly valve is needed to control the flow rate, it is essential to choose the right specification and kind of butterfly valve so that it can function properly.
Characteristics of Butterfly Valves
- It’s small and light, and it’s simple to disassemble and repair. It can also be installed in any location.
- The structure is basic and compact, with low operating torque and a quick 90-degree rotating opening.
- The flow characteristics of a lined butterfly valveare generally straight, with strong regulation performance.
- The connection between the butterfly plate and the valve rod is pin-free, eliminating the possibility of internal leakage.
- The butterfly plate’s outer circle has a spherical shape, improving sealing performance and extending the valve’s service life by keeping zero leakage for over 50000 cycles of opening and closing under pressure.